Yesterday’s leap day ends a jam-packed week of global events featuring mobile, music, film and fashion and today’s FWD covers them all.
Share anything interesting you spot with# #OMDFWD
- The 2016 Oscars beat their previous own record for most tweets per minute. Congratulations, Leo! Finally.
- With Facebook messenger potentially exploring ads, a look at how this could change the way we use the platform.
- Instagram has acquired 200,000 advertisers in its first year of advertising.
- YouTube ups its approach to copyright violations with a new team.
- Twitter reigns as the fashionista’s distribution choice for #LFW with Topshop and Burberry dominating social buzz.
- Snapchat partners with Nielsen to add rigour to its ad solutions.
- Facebook reveals huge consumption of VR content through Samsung Gear.
- MWC was more VR than anything else. This Leap Motion Orion Blocks VR video shows us what is coming and it looks mind blowing.
- Useful (and amazing) AI continues with Google’s PlaNet
- Hot on the heels of the brilliant MSQRD app comes more facial distortion with Snapchat Faceswap.
- The BBC strengthens their music credibility with a new curation app.
- A look at Facebook Reactions and how it will change the way advertisers use the platform.
Want to impress your peers? Here are the technologies you need to know about right now.