Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
This week also saw Instagram introduce a new mute feature which allows you to control what posts you see from certain accounts without having to unfollow them; something we all need this time of year with all the holiday gloating.
Live in the US and late with the Spring cleaning? Don’t fret! Facebook Marketplace will now let you hire your next cleaner. We are hoping it won’t be long before the handy feature gets rolled out globally.
- Too much holiday gloating in your feed? Instagram now lets you mute people you follow
- Pinterest sales revenue up 58% year on year
- Google is now trialling Feed ads
- If you live in the US Facebook Marketplace will now let you hire your next plumber or cleaner
- Facebook and Google amongst others are hit with a GDPR lawsuit over ‘forced consent’
- Four insights from Google about how shoppers use apps and mobile sites
- This infographic tells you everything you need to know about the ‘Transformists’ audience group
- 51% of UK 18-24s have used visual search, is it set to take off?
- Marketers are getting down with a new trend: Gif Stickers
- The library where councils can borrow the building blocks of a ‘Lego’ government (UK)
- Snapchat to unveil a sound activated lens and teams up with UEFA for a bitmoji AR Champions League execution
- Digital transformation? Your change needs a strategy
- When it comes to artificial intelligence, early adopters may have an insurmountable advantage, McKinsey finds
- Are we all trapped in the ‘Feed’? Questions on whether the internet is ripe for a reinvention
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD