Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
While we all wait with baited breath on the naming convention of Britain’s Royal baby number three (it is supposedly neck and neck between Arthur and Edward), why not take your mind off it by catching up on the digital news we have showcased in this week’s FWD.
For those of you who are in the Android camp then you will be pleased to know Google is launching a new messaging service which will rival that of SMS, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Exciting news in the advertising world as you can now buy products directly from Snapchat lenses and, love them or hate them, Facebook is testing more pre-roll placement ads, good timing for Facebook as ad viewability levels have hit their highest level since records began.
Talking of social media, OMD has been working with Theirworld + Dynamo (the magician) to support the #youpromised mission to ensure that there will be no lost generation of children as a result of the Syrian crisis by holding Global leaders to the promise they made two years ago.
- You can now buy products directly from Snapchat Lenses
- Flickr, previously owned by Yahoo!, have been sold to SmugMug
- Google launches new SMS messaging device for android
- Facebook are testing more pre-rolls placements after their success in Watch.
- Pinterest is rolling out new profiles and insights for business
- Ad viewability has hit an all time high! What a time to be alive
- If you like Game of Thrones you might want to rethink that password
- How publishers and influencers are using Instagram Stories as traffic drivers
- American Express brought shoppable AR to the festival experience at Coachella
- How Google is using AR to identify cancer cells early
- Instagram has started a new profile to promote design and creativity on the platform
- How Disney’s online streaming will impact the industry
- Meet the wolves of Instagram
- 27 useful things Chrome could do for you
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD