Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD. Last week over 70,000 people including OMDers descended on Austin, Texas for SXSW. Celebrating the convergence of the interactive, film and music industries, fostering creative and professional growth; we bring you extensive coverage from the front-lines. On the OMD EMEA blog you can find downloads from OMD’s Chrissie Hanson and Mark Murray Jones, including daily recaps discussing everything from voiceprints and storytelling to neuroscience and AI. OMD USA’s Doug Rozen and Dario Raciti also took to the stage to discuss the future of entertainment brands and unlocking the potential of VR.
- On April 3rd Spotify will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange, as it tests native voice search and its self-serve ad platform in the UK
- YouTube is going to add information from Wikipedia to videos and adds Search based targeting to its Google Preferred offering
- This Summer Facebook is launching a dedicated News section for Watch
- Here’s a roundup of some of the coolest experiential events at SXSW and hype around the blockchain revolution
- Internal documents have revealed viewership numbers for Amazon Prime Video
- A PWC report looks at changing consumer behaviour within ecommerce
- PGA Tour launched a new augmented reality app for golf fans
- Knorr is using your Instagram posts to deliver personalised recipes with its “Eat Your Feed” tool
- Watch JFK’s final speech brought to life through the power of AI
- How Facebook’s Augmented Reality offering improved
- The BBC takes a fresh look at its Instagram approach, posting less frequently and more relevantly to increase its numbers
- How Amazon transformed from a 20% drop in shares in 2014, to becoming 4th most valuable company in 2018
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD!