Hello and welcome to your inauguration of another weekly dose of FWD. We’ve seen YouTube launch their own in-app private messaging feature and video feed functionality to keep traffic on their platform. It’s currently only available in Canada as that’s where it was tested due to the popularity of YouTube video sharing, but if you are invited to join a conversation by a Canadian you could experience the platform sooner than you thought! If this develops in the same way Facebook did from their personal messaging, this could be the start of something big!
In more news about platform developments, Snapchat have signed a partnership deal with Oracle data Cloud for offline purchases which should allow more intelligent marketing to drive better campaigns. This is initially been tested by Honda, STX Entertainment, Kia and The Honest Company. Snapchat advertisers are about to find out if offline data can drive better campaigns on the app. Definitely something to consider when planning campaigns later this year!
- Sprint, the US telecommunications giant, buys a 33% stake in music streaming service Tidal
- YouTube launches a new way to share videos with friends
- Snapchat adds offline behavioural data to its targeting opportunities
- How Black Friday sales is beginning to steal market share from Christmas
- ‘Buy’ buttons are struggling to make the desired impact on social commerce…
- …How Amazon’s rollout of the virtual ‘Dash’ buttons may change all that
- Baby on board? How to also expect a seat when you’re expecting
- Still sticking with your New Year resolutions? How a coughing billboard might enable smokers to keep smoke-free
- How wearables can reduce the risk of head injury in contact sport
- As we say farewell to President Obama, we look at how his legacy is very much a technological and digital one
- 12 things you need to know about Driverless cars (but were afraid to take the wheel on)
- What to expect from emerging technology in 2017 (from our very own Sam Battams)
As ever, share anything interesting you spot related to tech with #OMDFWD