👋Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD! This week, prepare for your tweets to get longer as Twitter have begun testing 280-characters-long tweets across certain languages. Voice search is being used more than ever, which is only going to speed up as Amazon launches a variety of Alexa-powered products and a BMW integration. Love tech and food🍗? Then you can’t miss Jamie Oliver’s 👨🍳 new chatbot that offers recipes via emojis👏.
Lastly, join our Executive Strategy Director, Andy Upton, on a live webinar about “How do you become a marketer without borders in a multichannel world?” this Monday 9th of October at 11am, register here.
- Twitter have begun testing the increase of a tweet’s maximum character length to 280 characters
- Dyson announced they’re developing an electric car
- Amazon launches a wide variety of new Alexa-powered products
- 40% of Millennials use Voice-Activated Assistants to carry out research into purchases
- Consumers exchange over 2 billion messages with businesses each month via Facebook Messenger
- 5 metrics to measure the success of your Facebook Video
- Harvard and MIT have developed smart tattoos that can tell when you’re ill
- Bombay Saphire have partnered with Shazam to deliver an AR experience when you scan a code on the bottle with the Shazam app
- How the use of emojis in the new Jamie Oliver chatbot work so well
- AMC cinema launches room size VR experiences
- The 3 biggest challenges facing augmented reality today
- How chatbots could change customer service over the next 5 years
- What will the retail store of the future look like?
As usual, please share anything you find interesting using the hashtag #OMDFWD